Friday, September 30th 2016 - Sunday, October 2nd 2016
Balmaha's Braw Weekend 2016
19:00 - 00:00
Balmaha’s Braw Weekend is back bigger and better for 2016!
A weekend of food, drink, music and entertainment takes place on the banks of Loch Lomond, on land behind The Oak Tree Inn.
The Oak Tree Inn is once again staging this event, which is sponsored by Glengoyne Distillery.
NEW FOR 2016
This year’s Balmaha’s Braw Weekend officially starts on Friday 30th September with a luxury 5 course meal, created by some of Scotland’s leading chefs, with dishes inspired by some of the nations best natural ingredients.
The event takes place in Balmaha inside a large marquee,with views out across Loch Lomond. Tickets are just £50 per person, which includes the 5-course meal and ceilidh afterwards. The event is sponsored by Glengoyne.
Many award winning chefs will come together to create the meal. They are:
- Tom Lewis of Monachyle Mhor
- Tristan Campbell of Truffle Events
- Yasmin McDonagh of Scotia Spice
- Willie Little of Fish in Crieff / Little’s Restaurant in Blairgowrie
- Robert Muir from The Oak Tree Inn
Each chef will design a course and then talk about it on stage as it is being served, with the 5 courses carefully designed to beautifully blend together.
Tickets will sell fast, they can be bought at £50 each in pairs, or for a table of 10 there is one space free, so a discounted cost of £450 for the table. CLICK HERE TO BOOK TICKETS.
What’s On At Balmaha’s Braw Weekend in 2016
On Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 October, from 11am-5pm expect lots of family fun, food, drink, music and entertainment.
Entry is FREE, plus there is plenty of free parking. Much of the festival is undercover, so even if the weather isn’t great you’ll have a good day out.
- Food & Drink Demonstrations (FREE)
- Fairground rides and attractions
- Fun activities organised by RSPB, The National Trust & Loch Lomond National Park. (FREE)
- Childrens entertainment and magic shows (FREE)
- Craft Stalls
- Food & Drink Stalls
- Live music from local bands and singers (FREE)
- Productions from local theatre groups (FREE)
- Hot & Cold food & drink, plus a licensed bar
- Lego Play Bus
- Visit Scotland’s Highland Coo Van (FREE and ideal for selfies!)
- Children’s face painting, hair braiding & tattoos
Saturday Night (1st October) featuring live music from four top Scottish acts:
- Have Mercy Las Vegas
- Dave Arcari
- Miracle Glass Company
- Mark McGowan
Tickets £5 payable on the door. All under cover in a huge marquee, with hot and cold food and a licensed bar.
Keep up to date with Balmaha’s Braw Weekend via Facebook.
Central FM is the official radio partner, keep listening to them for news about the event.BACK