Love Loch Lomond Project Manager
Love Loch Lomond Seeks Project Manager - apply by 12 noon, 1st May 2013
Love Loch Lomond was established in November 2011 and brings tourism businesses and communities in the Loch Lomond and surrounding area together to collaborate on projects that enhance and promote the area to key market segments and develop the overall visitor experience of the area.
Love Loch Lomond is an industry-led Destination Organisation that operates in the Loch Lomond, Strathendrick, West Dunbartonshire and Clyde Sea Lochs areas. It is dedicated to working on a collaborative basis to capitalise on the area's strong tourism potential by:
- Marketing and promoting the area as a must visit quality year round destination through a powerful new website and a range of other innovative and cost effective activities
- Enhancing the overall quality of the customer experience through customer service and product development initiatives
- Representing the interests of tourism businesses in lobbying a range of local and national bodies on issues which impact on the tourism infrastructure and future tourism growth prospects of the area.
- Providing useful business networking opportunities to help improve and grow tourism locally
Successful visitor destinations do not happen by accident and often are led by strong private sector groups based on effective collaboration and partnership working. Competition throughout the world and more locally here in Scotland is rapidly increasing with the emergence of well-funded and dedicated local Destination Organisations.
There is an urgent need for us to come together as a strong and unified force to more strongly position our area in the global marketplace and to drive up the overall quality of the visitor experience. This should give us a competitive edge and encourage repeat visits from satisfied customers and their friends. We already have support from our public sector partners including local authorities, the National Park Authority and VisitScotland.
Our existing manager is moving to England in May and we are seeking to appoint a Love Loch Lomond Project Manager to work with the Love Loch Lomond Board and its members to ensure effective delivery of the action plan. The action plan has three core components namely:
- Visitor Experience and Product Development
- Marketing (this includes a social media plan which is managed by our part-time Online Manager)
- Membership development and revenue generation
This is an exciting time for tourism in Loch Lomond particularly in the run up to 2014 and beyond, and this post will play a key part in co-ordinating and supporting the further development of tourism in the area and is ideally suited for someone who has a demonstrable track record in the sector.
Key Responsibilities of this post will include:
- Communication of Love Loch Lomond roles and responsibilities and action plan activities and priorities with key partners/stakeholders including public sector agencies such as Scottish Enterprise, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, VisitScotland, West Dunbartonshire Council, Argyll and Bute Council and industry groups. The Manager will have a key role in encouraging partnership working.
- Act as Love Loch Lomond’s day to day point of contact for partners and industry, building greater industry engagement, business to business opportunities and involvement in the action plan.
- Reporting against agreed set of targets and outcomes for the action plan at Board meetings and the AGM.
- Support the development of customer feedback and training opportunities as appropriate
- Provide project management/co-ordination on key projects identified within the action plan
- Work with partners to identify new funding opportunities and revenue streams to help Love Loch Lomond achieve its goal of being self-sustaining by 2016.
Skills and Experience
Understanding and experience of working in the tourism sector at manager level (minimum 3 years)
Excellent knowledge of the Loch Lomond area
Basic financial management skills
Strong project management skills ideally gained in a tourism environment (minimum 3 years)
Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
An interest and understanding of digital technologies and a smart phone user
Highly organised self starter, with the ability to work on your own initiative
Clean driving license and own car
This is a 3 year contract which will commence early June 2013, with a handover required with the outgoing Manager at the end of May. A review of the post will be undertaken annually. The Post is subject to approval/funding being secured from partners in May. The post will be 3.5 days/week with normal working hours being 9 – 5 but the successful candidate must be prepared to attend meetings/events outwith normal working hours. The post is being offered on a self-employed basis.
The Project Manager will be based in Balloch at the VisitScotland visitor information centre and will be contracted to Love Loch Lomond Ltd. Line management responsibility will be undertaken by Scottish Enterprise.
www.lovelochlomond.com indicates all the areas covered by this destination group geographically as well as the wide range of activities and information available for visitors and members alike. In time it may also extend to take in businesses in the Trossachs as the group expands. Candidates are asked to familiarize themselves with this site prior to interview.
Applications and Closing Date
Applications will be accepted until 12 noon on 1st May 2013. The remuneration for the post will be based on experience and skills and will be in the region of £25,000 for the 3.5 days. Please send in a covering letter outlining what makes you the ideal person for this exciting post as well as a current CV. Please email or post your application to:
Sallyann Tindall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Spectrum House, Clydebank Business Park
Clydebank G81 2DR