Love Loch Lomond New Sensory Food and Drink Workshops for Businesses
As part of its 2015 Winter Learning and Training programme, Destination Organistion Love Loch Lomond is delighted to offer two unique and innovative food and drink events to help inspire, develop and enhance businesses’ food and drink offering for visitors in this Year of Food and Drink Scotland 2015.
Led by Ewan Henderson of Scotch Broth Events, both workshops explore new concepts and ways to understand visitors and draw from the latest food science and innovation, focusing on Scotland’s food and drink heritage, its stories and a multi-sensory experience which businesses can adapt and develop for their own visitors.
Karen Donnelly, Project Manager of Love Loch Lomond said:
"Love Loch Lomond welcomes the opportunity to showcase the food and drink from throughout the destination during The Year of Food & Drink 2015. We Love People, Love Places and Love Experiences – so to assist our local businesses to continue to develop new and exciting experiences for our visitors, we are delighted to be working with Scotch Broth Events to introduce these new workshops offering unique, fun insights into the world of science and food".
How can businesses benefit?
- Gain a greater understanding of what visitors want to experience in and through local food and drink
- Get original ideas for how to develop your own food and drink stories and heritage for visitors
- Learn how to appeal to the senses and create a sense of place through food and drink
- Network, make new business contacts, share your own food and drink ideas with others
Both events are subsidised by Love Loch Lomond and each half day event costs £25 per person, including networking, all refreshments, materials and information take-aways.
Learn more about Terroir and Scotland’s sense of place, understand Scotland’s food heritage in stories, enjoy an interactive session on terroir smells and textures. Discover the Geograph of Taste, learn about the global palate of the visitor and take away practical and original ideas to use in your own business.
Multi-Sensory Tourism: The Science of Taste for Food and Drink Businesses, Thursday 12th February 10.30am – 1pm
Learn how Scottish food and drink can take advantage of new sensory science innovations and adapt them for visitors. Enjoy a lively fast-track interactive session in the science of how we taste, learn about The Flavour Tree – and how all the senses play a starring role in the visitor experience. Take away practical and original ideas to use in your own business.
Previous attendees said:
- "Really enjoyable presentation, loved this complete package using all the senses"
- "Thought it was awesome, thoroughly enjoyed it, great way to understand the world around us"
- "A great event learned a lot, favourite part was the interaction and multi-sensory elements"
Find out more about all Love Loch Lomond workshop events and book a place via our Eventbrite page.
Find more business events and related articles, including how to get involved in the Year of Food and Drink Scotland 2015 on our Business page.