Love Loch Lomond Celebrates Funding Boost from Visit Scotland
Love Loch Lomond celebrates £42,500 funding boost from VisitScotland
A tourism partnership that promotes Loch Lomond and the Clyde Sea Lochs as Scotland’s premier natural playground for holidays and day visits is celebrating following a major cash boost from VisitScotland which should help generate at least £1.7million of new business for the area this year.
The national tourism organisation is providing Love Loch Lomond with £42,500 of funding from its Growth Fund, with the money being used to support an £85,000 marketing campaign, with particular emphasis on the current Year of Natural Scotland.
Scottish Enterprise is also providing Love Loch Lomond with financial support for the marketing campaign and product development initiatives.
The money will be used to fund a range of spring into summer and autumn marketing activities including new themed video films and itineraries, promotional print, online and press advertising campaigns, travel press relations and holiday competitions, as well as maximising the growing tourism potential from social media.
The award was announced last week by Mike Cantlay, Chairman of VisitScotland, during a visit to Love Loch Lomond’s stand at VisitScotland Expo 2013, Scotland’s premier business to business travel trade event.
Mike Cantlay, VisitScotland Chairman said: “The VisitScotland Growth Fund is designed to support efforts across the tourism industry to achieve growth in this sector and support the Scottish economy.
“I’m delighted the hard work of Love Loch Lomond has been recognised. The funding will contribute significantly to the ambitious plans the group has for the area helping to ensure it’s not only a must visit, but a must return destination.
“The Year of Natural Scotland has been excellent in showcasing exactly what Scotland has to offer and I’m delighted we’ll be continuing this message through Love Loch Lomond and the plans they have through marketing and product development.”
Stuart Cordner, Chairman of Love Loch Lomond, said: “The Love Loch Lomond area is perfect for capitalising on VisitScotland’s Year of Natural Scotland campaign. We see ourselves as Scotland’s natural playground and we are working hard to show visitors the amazing places, activities and experiences we have to offer.
“We welcome this funding as it will enable us to work together with local business to do much more to promote the area in key priority markets in Scotland, the North East of England and the Midlands. “
Formed in 2011, Love Loch Lomond is an industry-led Destination Organisation that operates in the Loch Lomond, Strathendrick, West Dunbartonshire and Clyde Sea Lochs areas.
The VisitScotland Growth Fund is designed to support industry groups with marketing projects. The fund supports projects aimed at increasing visitor numbers and reaching new target markets.
Funding can cover 50% of approved marketing costs from a minimum award of £5,000 up to a maximum of £65,000. For more information on the VisitScotland Growth Fund, visit www.visitscotland.org/growthfund and to become a member of Love Loch Lomond visit www.lovelochlomond.com/become-a-member
For further information on VisitScotland, contact: Tom Maxwell, Corporate Press Officer Tel: 0131 472 2409, Mob: 07824 383 873 firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of hours pager number: 07699 766986
Notes to Editors
Love Loch Lomond is a trade led body that is passionate about promoting the Loch Lomond, Strathendrick, West Dunbartonshire and Clyde Sea lochs area as a must see year round quality destination. It currently has over 140 business members and is dedicated to working on a collaborative basis to capitalise on the area's strong tourism potential.
Love Loch Lomond enjoys the supports of Argyll & Bute, Stirling and West Dunbartonshire Councils, VisitScotland and Scottish Enterprise.
1. Love Loch Lomond is a trade led body that is passionate about promoting the Loch Lomond, Strathendrick, West Dunbartonshire and Clyde Sea lochs area as a must see year round quality destination. It currently has over 140 business members and is dedicated to working on a collaborative basis to capitalise on the area's strong tourism potential.
2. Love Loch Lomond enjoys the supports of Argyll & Bute, Stirling and West Dunbartonshire Councils, VisitScotland and Scottish Enterprise.
3. VisitScotland is providing Love Loch Lomond with funding from its Growth Fund and Scottish Enterprise is also supporting the new seasonal marketing campaigns and themed product development initiatives.
4. 2013 is the Year of Natural Scotland, inspiring our people and our visitors to celebrate Scotland's outstanding natural beauty, landscapes and biodiversity as Scotland prepares to welcome the world in 2014 and beyond.
5. Find out how you can promote and capitalise on the opportunities offered by the Year of Natural Scotland at www.visitscotland.org/business_support/advicelink/year_of_natural_scotland.aspx
6. Find out more about Scotland's outstanding natural beauty at www.visitscotland.com/natural