Five Stars for Popular Lochside Attraction
Once again, Balloch based retail complex and visitor attraction Loch Lomond Shores has been awarded a five star grade by VisitScotland’s Quality Assurance scheme.
The internationally-recognised scheme aims to support Scottish businesses to meet and exceed the high standards expected by guests. High quality service and facilities are crucial to making Scotland a must-visit, must-return destination. The grading, with designation of Tourist Shop, was awarded after a surprise inspection by the VisitScotland team at the end of September.
Over the past year, the team at Loch Lomond Shores has worked exceptionally hard to ensure that both visitors to the site and locals can enjoy all that the site has to offer.
With a designation of Tourist Shop, the site’s exclusive shops and enviable views of the loch continue to be a draw for shoppers and tourists, with over 1.2 million people visiting this year. With work underway to refresh the pathways and events spaces, next year is shaping up to be another bumper year for the popular destination.
Clare Gemmell, Loch Lomond Shores’ General Manager, said: “We are ecstatic that so many visitors chose to come here over the past year, and VisitScotland’s five star Tourist Shop grade lets us know we’re providing an excellent customer experience, so to say we are thrilled is an understatement. The on-site team has worked hard to deliver a great experience, as well as maintaining the site to always look its best. It’s now our mission o make 2016 even bigger and better than this year.”
Photo shows artist impression of finished pathway works.
VisitScotland is Scotland’s national tourism organisation. Its core purpose is to maximise the economic benefit of tourism to Scotland.
The organisation’s core objective is to contribute to the Tourism 2020 Strategy ambition of growing tourism revenues by £1 billion by 2020.
This will be supported by seven overarching strategies:
- Marketing: we will market Scotland and its outstanding assets to visitors from all parts of the world, including the promotion of Scotland to people living in Scotland to visit different parts of the country
- Events: we will support the national events strategy and its delivery, and sustain, develop and promote Scotland’s international profile as one of the world’s foremost events destinations
- Internationalisation and International Engagement: we will utilise all our platforms to enable Scottish-based tourism businesses to better understand international opportunities and market to a global audience and we will work within One Scotland Partnerships to optimise the potential of Scotland’s Diaspora and our strategic partners at regional, European and global levels
- Customer Experience: we will provide information and inspiration to visitors both locally and globally via their preferred medium of choice
- Quality and Sustainability: we will provide support and advice to businesses, with the goal of improving the quality and sustainability of the tourism sector in Scotland. We will provide quality assurance to visitors through our Quality Schemes
- Inclusive Tourism: we will strive to make tourism in Scotland inclusive and available to all
- Working in Partnership: we will listen to and work with the industry, partners and communities to shape our offering and support
VisitScotland works together with tourism businesses to make tourism a success for everyone and ensure the industry continues to grow.
The organisation employs 700 people and has offices and VisitScotland Information Centres across Scotland.
According to a recent Deloitte study, the tourism economy supports 270,000 jobs in Scotland in 20,000 diverse businesses. The same study calculates that the tourism economy contributes £11 billion annually (direct and indirect impact, including day visits) and supports around 10 per cent of employment in Scotland. Almost 16 million tourists take overnight trips to Scotland.
Loch Lomond Shores is the gateway to Scotland’s first national park and is situated at Ben Lomond Way, Balloch, G83 8QL.
For any queries, please contact:
Stuart Williams, Marketing Assistant
T: 01389 751031